Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Family

Sometimes I think I expect too much out of people. Sometime I think I shouldn't go to the mail box because it makes me think I expect too much out of people lol

Seriously, tho.......every day for the past week, I have checked the mail in hopes of finding a birthday card from my Mom and sister. I even gave them until today before I really started griping about them, as the mail could have been slow, they could have put it in the mail a day or so late, etc. But I have received no phone calls or cards acknowledging my birthday and it peeves me off. Not to mention, it really hurts my feelings that they can't do something - if they can't afford the card or stamp, then could they at least call me? =/

I have always sent them a card for their birthdays. I have always called my Mom on her birthday. I have not called my sister, as she was ignoring my calls for quite awhile and would only pick up the phone when I called when it suited her mood. So I told her I wouldn't call again until she called me. Well, now it looks like they both do not want to have anything to do with me.

How can you forget your daughter's birthday? I just don't understand that =/ My husband tells me that they are the ones with the problem, not me. He tells me that I need to live my life, to not care - and in the end, that will bother them more than giving them the satisfaction of knowing I do care.

Unfortunetely, there is a little part of me that still does care *sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know it's not the same thing, and that it hurts deeply, but you have really great friends who care about you. That's probably more than your mom or sister can say.

All of your friends that I've met (knitting and otherwise) are all quality friends and that speaks to the testament of your character. You are a great person.

That said, I'd keep sending those cards. Who knows, they may be in a bad enough space that they can't reciprocate, but it may help them to know that you still care. It's always better to err on the side of kindness.

Says the bitch, ha ha.
-Lora

silfert said...

Plus, by sending the cards, it makes you look better than them. ;)
WE love you, and we'll show it, even if they forget to.

Anonymous said...

Family-type things have a way of getting to us in a way that other things don't. I am sorry that you did not get a card or call from them. But I hope you know you are appreciated! I'll even play another game of stick-the-tail-on-the-donkey to prove it!

BoggyWoggy said...

So many of us have similar situations in our lives. One counselor said to me: "Surround yourself with people who have big hearts."
Well, 1 year ago, I began doing that. Guess what? Now I don't even contact my mother, except on rare ocassions...and life is better!