Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Weekend

I really should be in bed right about now, but.....actually, technically I am - as we have the wireless network and I have my very own laptop. So I am sitting in bed bloggin away - just not snoozin away yet! =)

It has been quite the weekend! I hosted my very first baby shower this weekend, and judging from my husband's comments since then - my last baby shower I am hosting lol Luckily, I had several friends who helped me decorate, clean up and such. And I had one friend bake an awesome cake for it! So many yummy layers to it - it was like heaven in every bite =) If there hadnt been an evil, lurking lady who bossed us around afterwords when we were trying to clean up, the occasion would have been perfect!

Pretty much the rest of the weekend has been consumed by home projects, since we are trying to sell our house soon. So too much work and no play has worn this KS gal out! Thank goodness for energy drinks, MT Dew, coffee drinks and such - otherwise I dont think I coulda done it all lol

It was kinda funny on our way to Lowes the other day for more house stuff, tho. We were driving down a residential street and there is a young boy out in the middle of it riding his bike. OK......young boy musta moved once we got closer right? Uh, noo...... we thought he was going to for a minute, but he stayed in the middle of the road. Once we were close, my husband rolls down his window and tells the boy he might want to get out of the middle of the road, as its dangerous, and the kid replies:

"You have cool hair"

Needless to say, I think my husband was inwardly flattered but still irritated with the kid for stupidly being in the middle of the road. So again, he tells him to stay out of the road and we drive away.....

So anytime he has started to get grumpy, frustrated or sumpin this weekend - all I have to tell him is that he has cool hair and he is happy again lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

Man, oh man, I'm gonna have to remember that one!