Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Am worn out! =/

Who knew taking a vacation could be so tiring? I guess if we were 'normal' people, we would fly to places and save time and wear and tear on our bods, but......neither my husband or I can be classified as 'normal' lol

We took off yesterday morning-ish for Cheyenne, Wyoming and actually ended up making it a little past there - but turns out the hotels were all booked up. And being that it was about 1 A by the time we were there - we pulled over at a rest stop and slept for the nite in the truck. That was NOT fun =/ I started off sitting upright, woke up and managed to push the seat back and curl up on the floor and lay my head on the seat for another hour or so, until I woke up again because I was too cold *uggh* My husband felt sorry for me and turned the truck on for a bit for some heat, which helped - so I ended sitting upright again and fell asleep. At this point, the cycle started over again - scoot seat back and lay head on seat, wake up cuz cold, husband turns on heat, sit upright again, etc etc. So needless to say, we got an early start on the road this morning and felt pretty grimey by the time we got to our next destination (Billings, MT). I recommend anyone who even thinks about the possibility of having to sleep in their vehicle to take blankets, pillows and enuf muscle relaxer to make your bod not mind the funky positions you might find yourself in lol

Even tho the nite wasnt the greatest, tho, today has been a bit better =) It has been amusing to see some of the road signs along the way - like one labeled 'crazeywoman'. We have also seen numerous antelope and even just sitting in the parking lot of the hotel we have checked in for the nite - I saw a gopher sitting upright, looking about. He almost reminded me of our doxies at home, when they 'sit up pretty'. Altho, our doxies are doing it to get something (i.e. attention, food, etc.)

So now we are off to find interestin' stuff in Billings, MT to check out! =) Wish us luck!!

1 comment:

silfert said...

And never drink iced coffee when stuck in da middle of Nowhere, Wyoming.