Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ever wonder why?

Anyone ever wonder why you start some projects? lol After spending hours today trying to finish the tile in our second bathroom, I seriously wondered that myself. I wasn't as much help as I was hoping to be - but I did manage to tear up the linoleum, trim and the stuff that the linoleum was laying on - uhh.....wood? =) I am thinking so - as the friggin' stuff splintered as I ripped it up *grr*

But I did manage to complete the bathroom demolition project - and now my husband is impressed I can tear up a bathroom so well *happy sigh* After his nervousness at me taking charge and telling him to go do other things, I was relieved at his admission of my superior ability at doing so lol

So then went down the 'backer' board - which was fairly uneventful. But then came the tiles.....or rather sheets of tiles with this mesh like stuff behind it. The tile pattern in white hexagonal tiles with occasional black diamond tiles interspersed throughout. So a bit more difficult than just laying down one tile at a time. Suffice it to say, it was quite a mess with the mortar? we had to lay down to get the tiles to stick. It was everywhere =/

Now my lower back hurts, and I am propped up on the bed with 3 pillows and feeling sorry for myself. I dread to see what my body feels like tomorrow morning *uggh*

1 comment:

silfert said...

See, you should have hung out with us!