Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sometimes planning things out.....

..... just isn't worth it! lol Yesterday, we had every intention of getting out of bed at a decent time, doing the things that we needed done, and hitting the road for vacation. But, it didn't quite happen that way. Oh well! It IS nice that we are still at home, having the dawgz dote on us and just being plain ole homebodies. If I hadn't been quite the optimist about getting on the road today, I would have headed to our knitting get together in Lawrence, tho. VERY rarely do I miss one - and I have to say, I miss seeing the gals! If ya' all knew the conversations and fun we have, then you would understand =)

Anywhoo! Got the lawn mowed today and that about did me in. Of course, mowing it in incredibly hot weather is slightly stoopid, but when you are as stubborn as me, triple digit weather doesn't keep you from doing stuff like that lol The only thing that makes me feel good about my sore, worn out bod - is that #1 I probably lost weight and #2 I don't have to do it for another week. Sometimes its REALLY tempting to hire someone to mow it, tho.....

I amazed my husband today with my vocabulary of words again, too lol Actually, it may have been last night that I did that - but its an ongoing thing with us pretty much =) I stated something in a matter of fact way, and he retorts 'why thank you, Captain Obvious'. Soooo.....not to be one to let it slip by, I argue with, 'actually, I don't think a gal can be a Captain can she? Isnt there a feminine version of the word you can use'?

Needless to say, I get an incredulous look from him - which I take as a cue to supply him with a version of the word to use. I look back at him and ask, 'Can't you use Captainness or sumpin'?' - which is met by another incredulous stare and snort of laughter.

Hmmm.....I dunno.....was it sumpin I said? lol

Seriously, tho, I DO know that is NOT a word. But darnit! It should be - or at least someone should humor me and let me use that word if I wanna! But, then again, my husband is the kind of guy who does not like Rachael Ray (TV cooking gal) saying 'sammies' for sandwhiches. So maybe he is just trying to nip those tendencies of mine in the bud before I become another Rachael Ray and annoy the heck out of him =)

1 comment:

silfert said...

Captainess? Captain Beth Prost would go bonkers over that one! Wait, she's bonkers anyway. :)