Thursday, August 16, 2007

Things that Sparkle

It is really funny sometimes how a certain day, nite almost has a 'theme' to it. For me, it seems to be tonight =) I am sitting at my laptop covered with glitter. No, I did not get childish and pretend that my glitter was fairy dust and sprinkle it over me lol And no........it was not for anything uh, err.....sexual. I was in my office attempting to glitter some decorations for a baby shower I am planning for Saturday. Needless to say, while the concept of using glitter may seem user friendly in your head, when you do attempt to actually glitter something - its a pain in the butt =/

Everything got glittered just fine - in fact, there was plenty of glitter to go around. My office floor is now covered with glitter *sigh* I thought I was being smart when I glittered my pieces - as I laid down a piece of cardboard sp? to catch what doesnt hit the intended mark. Everything went fairly well until I was done, and with a happy sigh and a smile to myself that I was pretty darn smart to think of laying the pieces on cardboard - I then thought I would save some of my glitter on the cardboard and slide it back in the bottle.

This did not happen. Instead, it slid TOO quick and landed in a big, thick blob of glitter on the carpet. Not to be deterred, I tried pinching up the glitter from the carpet, so that I could put it back in the bottle. Not only did I manage to pinch glitter, but carpet fuzz as well *grr* I decided that I did not want fuzz in the bottle so I reached over to get the piece of cardboard again, and the glitter bottle dumps over to make the glitter carpet fuzz pile even bigger *ugghhhhhh*

So out came the vaccuum sweeper =) What an awesome invention that thing is lol Now if only I could 'sweep' off the glitter stuck to my hands, arms and legs!!

But anyway! I log in to my email account and am greeted by a knittersreview.com email with the subject line 'Socks that Sparkle'. Ummm......ok, either they are really good at marketing their stuff and wait for the ideal time to send emails like that OR God is having fun with me lol

Back to the sparkle socks tho =) If ya get a chance, you should check out the below link on it. Looks like they are adding thin strands of sterling silver to sock yarn! Methinks I just may have to get some! I may not be a sock knitting pro, but I can at least gloat I have some pretty spiffy yarn lol

Here is the link for ya'all!

http://www.knittersreview.com/article_yarn.asp?article=/review/product/070816_a.asp