Friday, August 3, 2007

Yayyyyy for Friday!

I have been REALLY ready for this Friday since about, ummmm......20 Fridays ago lol I am now officially on vacation - wahooo! Not to mention, my husband made it home tonite from Ohio/New Hampshire after being gone for about 4 days. And not to sound too sappy - but I missed him pretty bad =/ Even if we are just sitting in the same room checking email, its amazing how comforting it is to have him near.

Anywhooo! I will stop being all lovey dovey - don't wanna make ya all gag with my pathetic-ness lol (is pathetic-ness a word? =)) I did have a great night out with the gals yesterday. We went to see the latest 'Harry Potter' movie in the theatre, and I was impressed. I am not saying I am gonna rush out to watch the other movies or anything - but it certainly was NOT boring.

After the movie, we hung out a bit and chatted and then each headed home. Unfortunetely for me, about 5 minutes from home on K7, I get pulled over for speeding *uggh* So, ummm......I now have another ticket to worry about *SIGH* The first thing out of the cop's mouth is 'Do you know how fast you were going'? And the first thing out of mine was.....'70'. He promptly tells me that I am wrong and that it was 75 - which I grumpily ask myself, 'then why the heck did he even ask me?' *grrr*

Needless to say, for some reason today, all I could think about was those 5 measley miles per hour difference. And all day today I constantly thought of the movie 'Forrest Gump' - in which his Mom is trying to keep her son from going to a special school because he was 5 points below the normal range. She quotes 'surely something can must be done' in her very Southern voice. And thats how I feel about my ticket darnit! lol Surely I didnt HAVE to get the ticket did I? Surely he could have given me a warning, couldnt he? Surely he could have seen I was tired and contrite, right?

Altho, thats where the similarity ends I think - as after Sally Fields says that in the movie, the next scene is her son sitting on the porch hearing the guy have sex with his Mom. And THAT was not an option for me! I just wanted out of the darn ticket lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

Always carry donuts. That way, even if you still get the ticket, you have comfort food.