Sunday, August 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeeee........

Ya know, this has been a pretty darn good birthday weekend =) I honestly did not think it was gonna be - since it started off being in Salem, MO. Yes......you read right, SALEM friggin MO *sigh* Scott calls me at 10 A Friday at work, telling me he has to go there for work and he *hopes* to be back by tomorrow (Saturday) morning sometime. So needless to say, this did not go over well, as I was pretty down in the dumps anyway. But then he calls back to see if I can ask if I can come along, and what do you know? They said I could leave! How mighty nice of them to let me go to Salem, MO lol

Honestly, tho.....at that point, if I had stayed home by myself on my birthday weekend, I would have been SERIOUSLY depressed instead of SERIOUSLY bored =) So anyway! Off we go Friday afternoon to Salem and make it there about 4:30 P - which is amazing, as it was pouring down rain almost the whole way there. And of course when we get there, the other guy Scott needs to meet there still has 2 more hours before he is gonna be there.

We visit WalMart.......then Sonic.......then WalMarts parking lot......then McDonalds.....then finally back to WalMart to meet up with the guy. We promptly head there, and what shoulda been about an hours worth of work turned into four hours *uggh* And lemme just say, sitting in a work's parking lot with one street light, in the pitch dark with the rain coming down like it hasn't rain in ages is pretty darn creepy. Thank goodness for 'People' magazine......I read that and then wrote a few words down for a poem, then knitted a bit - until I realized it was getting dark quick. I then fell asleep and woke up sweating like crazy - and realizing that about 2 hours had went by.

So what does a gal do in the dark when she knows she is in it for the long haul? Well, since she has a 'Blackberry' phone, it makes things a *bit* easier. So I check email.......then I check my blog for new messages.....then I click 'send and receive' and check email messages again....then I check my husband's wrenching board......then I click 'send and receive to check email messages again lol Grumpy after 15 minutes of this, I fall asleep again and am awakened by Scott tapping on the window - which freaks me out.

BUT then we were driving out of Salem, MO to home - wahooo! We get home about 3:30 A and don't wake up until 10:30 A. Just in time to start getting ready for what I *thought* was a knitting/cooking party - but one of my friends secretly conspired to make it a birthday party =) That was awesome! Great food.......hanging out with cool and spiffy people.....snazzy presents.....what more could a gal ask for? Well, maybe to not gain any weight from all the great food? lol

Today my husband gave me my presents and we had dinner at a place called Pierponts in Union Station. Its pretty much been a tradition for the last 3 years =) We had my friend - A - and her husband join us there to celebrate. They actually had something to celebrate themselves, too! 'A' is pregnant!!! woot, woot! I can imagine how happy she is, as I know she has wanted kids for quite some time, so it was almost like another birthday present! I personally don't want kids - but my friends can get knocked up if they want. And if they wanna be, I sincerely hope they do - as its hard emotionally to want something that badly and not be able to have it.

Well, I am getting a HUGE tired spell now - so I guess I better quit blabbin' atcha all! Plus, my husband is in a talkative mood, so I better make the most of it - I am not sure if he is humoring me cuz its my birthday, if its the muscle relaxer and painkiller he has had for his back, or what! But this gal isn't gonna pass up her husband's talkative mood - especially on her birthday lol

Laterz!!

1 comment:

silfert said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday, you deserve to! Heh, heh. The look on your face!