Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Friends and Bugs

First of all, I just want to say I have AWESOME friends! =) Thanks to all of you who responded to my last post - it really helps to know that I have a great group of friends who care about me. You all are like family to me - but a family that doesn't peeve me off lol Seriously tho, I truly do appreciate ya'all cheering me up.

Life has been rather hectic around our house lately it seems. It probably would help if we would quit tearing apart our house and replacing stuff lol Right now, our kitchen and hearth room looks pretty chaotic. I didn't like the pergo we had, but at this point, I am almost wishing it was back! *uggh* My husband did quite a bit of the tiling on Sunday and Monday, so I feel pretty guilty. Altho, I know he understands why I have been worthless - as 30 chigger bites on a person's bod makes one INCREDIBLY itchy, and the Benedryl I have been taking nonstop for several days makes it really hard for me to stay awake! I think that is their cure - make the person go to sleep and forget how much of their bod got munched on by some friggin small bug that leaves horrid, huge, swollen, itchy marks that probably will forever scar me cuz I haven't done well in not itching them the last 2 days, and ..... and... and.... lol Obviously I haven't taken my Benedryl yet tonight huh? =) If I had, I may not be bloggin this very moment, or if I was, it would probably be fairly lame. Kinda like, yeah.....hey ya'all.....I got bit.....alot.....am kinda sleepy....will blog later *snore* hehe

It does seem like I have attracted bugs of all kinds lately, too. I found another wasp in my shower yesterday - which makes a grand total of 7 now I believe. I have to say, I broke my rule of being kind to him and just scooping him up and putting him outside. I sprayed some chlorox cleaner on him and then drowned him with a bunch of water lol Then I scooped him up and put him outside. He *looked* dead at that point, but it could be he was pretending and when I was close enuf, he would attack =)

OK, gotta stop blogging - am itching like crazy again *uggh* I really wish I had a little syringe of cortizone I could stick into every single bite to make the itch go away. As it is, I may need to use something harsh like bleach or peroxide - it may burn, but its better than itching lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lived in a house that was flea infested when we first moved in. I was a month pregnant with Evie and already miserable from that, but the fleas were unbearable. The landlords had left for vacation after giving us the keys to the place, so we had no one to call. Guess who the fleas liked to munch on? ME! I had huge welts and was constantly scratching til I bled. I'm really surprised that I didn't get any scarring out of it.

Burton on the other had, has flea immunity. No scratching, welts, or anything. I counted up to a hundred bites on my legs alone. We finally got a hold of the landlords and it took the exterminators coming out TWO times and a few months to get rid of them all. I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy.

So anyway, I feel your pain. Any mosquito, chigger, flea bite reacts very badly with me too. I can't ever leave it alone to keep it from itching.

Hang in there! See ya Sunday!