Friday, September 14, 2007

Some Stuff to Think About

Egads, I exercised tonight - for like a whole 25 minutes! *uggh* Whats wrong with me? lol I probably should be grouting, cuz yes, I did NOT do that yesterday like I had planned *Lisa looks ashamed* We are just days away from putting our house on the market tho - wahooo! Hopefully all goes well and we are able to sell the house fairly quick and start concentrating on building our new house =)

At the risk of offending anyone, I am getting really sick and tired of hearing about Amy Winehouse and how messed up she is. Granted, she hasn't been in the headlines as much lately - but sometimes it feels like celebrities like that use their 'sickness' to further their career somehow. Or at the very least, get some publicity out of it. At least Owen Wilson has not made any public statements or tried to publicize his suicide attempt. Not that one should try to 'fix' things that way, but......at least you feel his pain is more genuine and not some publicity stunt.

I just did a google search on Owen and found out that he is resisting rehab. He has hired someone who will be sober 24/7 to be around him every day to keep him in line instead. Of course, a 'source' has to say that:

''Unless he checks himself into a real rehab clinic, he's not really dealing realistically with his demons''

I honestly think he is dealing with his 'demons' at his own pace, whether that seems realistic to others is none of their business. I have read about numerous celebrities that go into rehab and once out in the real world, they end up failing miserably.

OK, enuf serious thought for the night. I have a puppy on the couch across from me yipping in her sleep and my husband snoring away beside her =) Kinda hard to be serious when thats going on! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rehab is just like a spa/resort these days anyway.

OY, Amy Winehouse is a hot mess! I'd say the substance probs pale in comparison to her EATING DISORDER.

Damn, that's a good album though.