Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Just When You Think You Know Someone

My husband and I were driving back from Lawrence after trying a Mexican restaurant that my friend, L, recommended when the unthinkable happened. Well actually, it was 'thinkable' on my husband's part, as he proceeded to do it - just to my utter dismay lol

We stop at a gas station, since we were basically on 'E'. It took quite awhile to get to the next gas station since leaving Lawrence, as it was snowing a bunch, covering the ground and making the drive a bit tricky. While my husband was outside at the gas pump, I decided I would be 'funny' and lock the doors so he couldnt get back in quickly. I did know he had a spare key in the gas cap at the time, and saw him go for it - smiling as he reached for the door and then opened it, feeling pretty happy that I knew he would do that. I was in the process of voicing that to him when all of the sudden he throws a snowball at me ..... in the truck ...... at my face ......

Yes, I sat there with eyes closed and whimpered , pieces of snow slowly sliding off my face and could not believe my husband would do such a thing to me. And needless to say, he laughed all the rest of the way home and I did not lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you're laughing now with your lol. Haha. I hope you guys had an enjoyable dinner. Next time call me first before you head out and I will give you the RIGHT directions. My "new" phone does not beep loudly enough on the text messages, but chirps happily when someone calls. I felt so stupid about the whole thing.

Anonymous said...

Dinner and drinks for two at a Mexican restaurant: $35.00

Fill up truck at gas station afterward: $60.00

Unbelieving look on wife as the snowball slowly melted from her face: Priceless!

Seriously, it was the same effect as a pieface... except with a much more satisfying "splat" sound! I'm guessing it will be while before she tries locking me out of my truck on a snowy day again. :)