Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Same Store?

My husband and I went out to get something to eat at McDonalds yesterday and drove by the area where the grocery store we usually go to is at. Well, USED to be at - it was a Dillons and it is now a Price Chopper. I love Dillons, so needless to say I was pretty darn unhappy. I flipped the store off along the way to McDonalds and pouted as we pulled into the McDonalds' drive thru line to order. My husband then tells me, 'Well, it is basically the SAME store - to which I pout just a bit more.

It is NOT the same store - everything in there has Price Chopper stamped all over it. They have different standards than Dillons, they have different stuff than Dillons, they are NOT Dillons *sniffle*

To pacify me, as we pull out of the McDonalds drive thru line and go by what used to be Dillons, my husband yells out:

'Price Chopper is the mark of the Devil. Bring back Dillons - Price Chopper is Evil!!'

Normally, this would have me shrinking in my seat, hoping no one saw me, but I have to say I grinned and laughed - knowing my husband said exactly what I thought but could not yell for the world to hear lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. :) Price Chopper is the only grocery store in Gardner but we have super Wally World too.