Friday, October 19, 2007

Surgery, Nurses and Meds

My husband is doped up on pain meds and is snoring away, so I figgered I would blog atcha all for a bit =)

Its amazing the things you take your husband for granted for when he is not there to help ya. I am glad I ended up taking off work on Friday - as I would be so stressed out about how he was doing and getting other things done that I wouldn't have done well at work. For not being at work, I was still pretty exhausted by the end of the day, tho. I mowed the lawn, called and made a F/U post op appointment for my husband, called and refilled other meds for him, made lunch, washed a dog, called and got a guy to come out to look at our ceilings/windows for an estimate on repair work, emailed Singer on how to get a new bobbin case for my sewing machine, and...and....and.... lol

I did end up falling asleep for about an hour during part of the day. Ironically, depsite the muscle relaxer my husband took about 30 minutes prior to my nap - he stayed awake as I snoozed. Must make sure he is asleep first next time, so I can keep an eye on him if he is awake =) He can be a stubborn patient, altho I don't blame him for being grumpy with the nurses and such while he was at the hospital. Well, I shouldn't say nurses - there was just one nurse in particular who took her job WAY too seriously. It seemed like everything he wanted to do, had done, or hadn't even thought about doing - she had an opinion for. I was afraid when I left, I would get a call from my husband saying he took out his IV and was waiting for me to pick him up at the main entrance because she pissed him off.

Thank goodness it was just the beeping of the machines and just being checked on every hour that bothered him that night lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

An F/U appointment...heh, heh, heh!