Saturday, October 20, 2007

Movies

I did not get much sleep last night =/ Let's all take a moment to feel sorry for Lisa lol

I am sitting at my laptop last night, after finishing my blog post, and decide that I am tired myself and will go to sleep. Instead, I sit there and think about the movie, 'The Lakehouse' that I watched part of yesterday. If anyone has not seen it, its basically about how a guy and gal communicate with each other via the mailbox at the same place of residence - but they are in two places in time - 2 years apart. They decide to meet on Valentines Day - which is 2 years more to go for him and the next day for her. And well......I won't say how it all ends, as I don't want to spoil it for someone wanting to see it, but all I could do last last was overanalyze the possibilities of that theory even being plausible, how the story works, how it doesn't, where they messed up, how they could make it better, etc etc.

Typically, I am not that sort of person tho - altho that type of movie gets you thinking a bit. I can sit and watch a movie and just take it all for granted. After all, it IS just a movie - made for entertainment purposes for the most part. Movies are made for the people watching it to feel something more or less - they do not necessarily thrive on being accurate in their facts. Even a movie based on a historical event tends to ad lib parts in, add more characters in, that would make the watcher be more interested in the story line.

Would people actually watch a movie that was 100% accurate? Can any movie be that way, even if based off of facts? I think the only way that can happen is if the person/or people that the movie is based on is/are alive. But then, you are taking their version of the facts - to someone else who might have known the person/people it was based on, their version could be totally different.

OK, maybe I should figger out something better to do with my Saturday morning than sit here and overanalyze movies huh? =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have borrowed some of your husbands drugs, eh? lol

Just kidding, sounds like you were doing some deep thinking!