Saturday, January 10, 2009

Yesterday's Lunch Hour

Yesterday I had quite the lunch hour - a young guy decided he was gonna try to mess with me while driving back to work from dropping off lunch for my husband who was at home not feeling well. I am right behind the guy trying to turn onto Shawnee Mission Parkway and he stops in the middle of the turn. I get pissed, but then he decides to go just in time for me to be able to safely make it through the light also. I don't think too much about it after that, as I was trying to enter my work's name into my new GPS unit to see if it would find it before I started speeding up too much. The guy is right in front of me and slows WAY down. So I quit concentrating on my GPS and decide I had had enough of the guy and speed up to get down the road.

However, the guy now decides to speed up as well, and is *right* on my bumper. I slow down, he slows down. I speed up, switch lanes..... he speeds up and switches lanes.... and STILL stays on my bumper.

I am really pissed off by now and pull off on the Lackman exit, and what do you know? He friggin does too! I pull up to the light at Lackman and flip him off. I then pull to the merge lane to get back on to Shawnee Mission Parkway and he follows me, so I decide to pull over and stop - hoping that he will go by and get back on Shawnee Mission Parkway. He stops right behind me....

So I speed up, get back on Shawnee Mission Parkway - all the meanwhile having him following RIGHT behind me no matter which lane I am in or what speed I am going. I make a big deal of holding my cell phone to my head and acting like I was calling 911. He starts hanging back a bit for a few minutes, and then starts speeding up again. I pull onto Quivira to go to the Police Station and take the wrong entrance, which is right beside the Police Station - where an old Hen House used to be I believe. He pulls in right behind me.....

I roll down my window and tell him: "Leave me the f*ck ALONE!".

He smiles, leans out his window and asks: "What??"

Frustrated, upset and pissed off, I turn my jeep around in the parking lot and start to head out to Shawnee Mission Parkway again. He squeels his tires on his black Honda Accord and follows me...

I call my husband and he tells me to go to the Police Station, which I told him I was just *kinda* at, but.... I head to Merriam's police station, all the while having him follow me. I turn into the parking lot of Merriam Police Station and park. He drives by slowly...... then I see him drive by the opposite way slowly. I wait a minute or so and take Johnson Drive the rest of the way to work.

Luckily, I managed to get rid of him - I never saw him after that. BUT I am still pissed about it. You do not friggin mess around with people on the road like that! And dont you think he has better things to do?

Ughhh.... anyway..... I need to get ready for the day and today's lunch. It should go better than yesterdays since my husband will be with me and people know better than to mess with him lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

Leave a description of the guy and car with the cops. He may have done this before. If it happens again, go back to the police station.