Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Technology

I am not ready for new technology, my brain is just not capable of making so many changes at once. I am a little overwhelmed with my college classes, so my new laptop is stressing me out trying to get everything on it that was on my old one. PLUS figgerin' out where all my programs are, how hard to click, what to touch and not touch..... its just been all one big hassle. I truly have not had time to actually *enjoy* having a new laptop.

And on top of that, I decided that I was gonna make the leap from an iPhone to a Windows Mobile/HTC phone that enables me to look at word docs (for my college classes) and do all sorts of more grown up things that the iPhone never was capable of letting me do. However, that has also been a problem. From the start, my new phone has been a pain in the a$$. I got it while on our trip to FL, and it has went downhill ever since then.

First time I used it I could not even connect to the internet on it. My husband is sweet enuf to give customer service a call to find out whats wrong. He tells her that he does not think my iPhone internet package was switched to the HTC package. The gal argues with him on it, even tho what she had initially read off on the account was *exactly* what my husband says. And after she decides he needs to get off the phone to call him back on his cell to fix MY cell, she ends up calling my cell #, says sorry when my husband informs her of this, laughs and calls back on the right phone. MANY minutes later, MANY tries later, she decides its the SIM card and we need to go back to the store and swap it out. ONLY to find out at the store that it was the internet package after swapping out the phone, thinking it must be the phone cuz the old one did not work any better with a new SIM card.

Anyway! Fast forward to the drive home and on to yesterday......I tried to get my voicemail set up and it did not recognize the number. My husband tries calling and the 'help' line is closed already. I call the next day and find out that the voicemail feature was never switched either *arggh* So that got fixed..... and I was on to figgering out how to switch the background picture of a dude that I accidently put on it. I spent DAYS messing with it - I seriously was getting pissed, as its really uncool to have a friggin DUDE's silhouette for the background on my cell phone. It should be a women's/gal's silhouette at least for my phone - I am friggin female after all. My husband looks at my cell phone last night and 10 minutes later has it fixed. Soooo.... ya see..... I am not sure I am mentally capable of owning a Windows Mobile phone.

Altho, with the way my brain goes in stages from loosing it not not remembering a single friggin thing lately, I am not sure I am mentally capable of anything lately *sigh*

OK, am done griping..... sorry ya'all..... am in a funk, and figgered who better to understand than ya'all? =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm... Let me know the next time you get behind the wheel... ;)

Anonymous said...

I have an HTC Kaiser phone, I've had it since April. Holler if you need any more help with it or with the laptop!