Thursday, January 1, 2009

A BEE-autiful Day

I was eating some sorbet made by Haagen-Daz the other day and noticed that they advertised 'help the honeybees' on the container. Not one to go 'hmmm, really"' and let it go, I decided to start to investigate - as I had never heard the honeybees were needing my help. Seriously, how do you know that its really not the bees fault that Haagen-Daz charges so much for their product? It could be that Haagen-Daz just has bad business practices and wants to blame it on the poor honeybees who bust their butts everyday to provide us with sorbet-goodness =)

So off I went to check out the website they provided (http://www.helpthehoneybees.com/) I found out that the honeybees are starting to leave their hive and die, and no one is really sure why. They are calling this trend CDD (Colony Collapse Disorder) - I know, I know, they are friggin geniuses huh? lol I am thinking there could be one of several things going on here:

#1 The honeybees are just getting plain lazy and need to be reminded that they need to work for a living. Running away from home does not solve their problems.

#2 The honeybees are pissed off that humans have interfered with where they make their home at, and have decided they are gonna go off and start their own homes where they can have more say-so.

#3 The honeybees are not happy that they have to be the 'guineapigs' for humans. An example is an article I found where they give honeybees cocaine and see how they react before, during and after they give them the cocaine in order to find out how to help humans who are addicted to cocaine. Am thinking when they are in withdrawal stage, they get depressed and decide they do not wanna live anymore, so they fly away and die *sniffle* And by the way, if you think I am making this up, check out this link - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28418762/ =)

My point in this? I feel sorry for the honeybees..... dont you all? lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To quote Lee Ann Womack, "I can hear the bees buzzin through the wall, makin their honey and singin their song. They say "I work for the Queen all day, yeah, I work for the Queen all day"

Maybe the Queen is a bitch? :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should cut cack on the Rooster Booster Sorbet? ;)