Wednesday, January 16, 2008

When it Rains, It Snows

Well, at least today anyway! It started off gloomy today and then Mother Nature decided that a little rain might be nice. After awhile of raining, I guess Mother Nature was bored - as it started spitting snow. And then it is now coming down even more *uggh* Altho, to be optimistic about it, it is the nice fluffy happy kinda snow lol

It has been that kind of day today tho =/ My work day was consumed by many stressful things and one would think by the time I got home, everything would be just spiffy. Once home, I soon started on my supper - which basically consisted of a container of yogurt with some granola in it and mashed potatoes. The latter was a disaster, as I got lazy and decided I didnt wanna have to dig out my beaters to mash them and instead I used the blender. I rationalized that it does basically the same thing, but by the time I pressed the 'mix' button, I realized what a goofy idea using the blender to mash potatoes was.

There are a couple of things that make this fantastic idea of mine not work. They are:

#1 At the bottom there is the blade that does the work. Which is fine and dandy until all of the potatoes get stuck down around it. Once I was done, I had to spoon it out - which still left some potatoes stuck around the blade. Sooooo......'lil ole me does not want to waste any possible potatoeeey goodness, and unscrews the bottom to expose the blade. I then lick around the blade, as the spoon still wasn't doing its job, to get every last single drop of potato. Yes, I am quite talented that way. I am able to do stupid stuff like that without cutting my tongue. Well....ummmm...most of the time lol

#2 When you mix potatoes in a blender, they do not MIX - they do not BLEND - they do not a single darn thing those buttons on the blender says it will do to what you stick in there. They just 'swirl' around and occasionally grab a potatoe that hasn't been mashed and do something with it. And the lucky potatoes that do get attacked by the blade end up more like cool whip or meringue. So by the time I sadly was spooning it out, I had fluffy potatoes with potatoe chunks here and there that didn't make it in with their pals. Honestly, the chunky potatoes win my vote, as the rest of them were a bit too fluffy for my taste =) I guess thats the price I pay for being so darn lazy!

Even tho today was stressful at work, it did amuse me when I took a break to google 'muscle spasms', as my body has been really hurting lately. Too much exercise probably, but.......it did waste a few minutes of my work day. And it gave me a much needed break from the stuff I was dealing with. But anyway! There was a bunch of stuff that came up, one of which was a disorder called 'Ehlers-Danlos syndrome'. Curious, I look at one of the links for it that gave information. Under the 'Outlook/Prognosis' section, it says:

People with EDS generally have a normal life span. Intelligence is normal.

Is it just me, or did you even stop to think about your intelligence with this syndrome from the get go? lol I mean, I guess I am glad that I will be of normal intelligence if I do have it, but.....how friggin weird to put that there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much exercise are you doing, woman?

Anonymous said...

EDS is sometimes confused with other, more well-known, disorders that have connective tissue weakness like Marfan's, which can have a shortened life span, or fragile X syndrome, which has intellectual impairment as a primary symptom. EDS is often only diagnosed when docs rule out everything else -- kind of stupid and frustrating for those of us who go undiagnosed and in pain for MANY MANY years.
Interesting point though. :) Hope your day is getting better.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm
My mom regularly uses the blender to make potato soup, but then she is adding liquid to the blender too. I'll have to make a note to never try to make mashed potatoes in the blender.

Dee Anna