Sunday, January 13, 2008

Janice Dickinson/Britney Spears

Alright, why is Janice Dickinson commenting that she would slap Britney Spears silly worthy of a msnbc headline? I am not saying that I totally disagree with Janice, but when did her comment carry so much more weight than other things that are happening in the world? In case ya wanna read the article, go to http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22638463/. You will find it not worth the time they spent writing the article. Maybe slightly entertaining, yes.......but basically all it is if 'fluff' - just something to fill in the msnbc.com website page.

Why does this bug me? I guess maybe if my husband was around and I didn't have so much free time on my hands, I would not take the time to blog atcha all about it. But I think its just slightly goofy to take one person's opinion and turn it into 'news'. Its not news - its an opinion! And I am quite sure there are a bunch of people out there thinking Britney Spears is a mental case right about now and needs a reality check. But wouldn't it be more intersting to observe the opinions of the people of the US as a whole on it, than centering around just one person? Not to mention, this person that msnbc deemed so important to write about has had her own time spent in rehabs.

Does that make her an expert on what Britney needs? Or does this just conveniently give her some media attention , so that her model show she now has on the air does not do poorly? I wonder if she is having people go 'Janice Dickinson? who is she? what did she do?' lol

I suppose, in defense of msnbc, they do have the article categorized under 'entertainment' =) But I always thought that is where deaths, births, new shows/actors, etc etc all went. I never knew that it was a spot for the occasional 'celebrity' to spout off their intended wisdom for the whole world to read.

And no, I am not jealous that they haven't posted my opinion(s) on msnbc lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

I stopped calling it "the news" when they started giving updates about "Survivor" every night.