Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not My Night

Sometimes I do not think I am ready for the people I encounter, the places I go, or the things that happen to me. One of those sometimes was tonite .......

We decide on a different Chinese place to eat at first of all, and that was a mistake. We walk in, was seated and realize they have a buffet. Not to sound snooty, but I generally do NOT like buffets. Of any nationality of food. This was no different, but my husband decides to go for it and try the buffet (altho he is not usually a huge fan). I order just some lo mein noodles - which turned into an ordeal. The waitress was so hard to understand and so abrupt, that it took me the 3rd try to realize she was trying to get me to decide on if I wanted chicken, beef, etc lo mein. I think she thought I was odd, as I had to be the only one in the restaurant that was not eating the buffet. She repeated everything several times, even when we shook our heads yes or no, or replied yes or no. Actually, it seemed she would not take 'no' as an answer. My husband's water ran low, she asked if he wanted water (err twice), he said no - but yet she asks again and reaches over to pour him some water. At the end of the dinner, she tells us we have free dessert ...... free dessert .... free dessert. We decline on the friggin free dessert, only to have her shove a bowl of ice cream under my nose asking 'ice cream?' *uughh*

And it was not just the waitress I found annoying! There was a Mom bouncing her kid up and down on a table diagonal from us and someone behind me in their booth that kept whispering 'help me, help me'. Or maybe that was the voice in my head! lol

No comments: