Monday, March 3, 2008

Viva Las Vegas

Here I am. Yes, it is I - Lisa Marie. 'Lil Ole Lisa Marie. Here to blog atcha all - cuz it has been a few days. And well, cuz my husband went to my blog and asked me when I am gonna blog next lol

Today was a stressful day at work, altho I had a pretty darn good weekend despite feeling a bit under the weather. I got to see all the cool knitter gals on Sunday, my husband got some work done on the shelves he is building in our storage unit (believe me, having a husband happy he was productive makes for a happy wife =)), and I got to hang out with my friend A and her husband. Not to mention, my husband got a chance to have his daughter hang out with us as well.

We all went to eat at a Mexican restaurant after the knitting get together. About 2 margs later for my husband and a marg later for me, and none for A (since she is pregnant) or her husband (cuz he probably just wanted to watch us be goofy after drinking margs) - we were talking about all kinds of stuff. Within reason - as my husband's daughter was there and we do have *some* standards lol

We did get to talking about singing songs - and how I tend to irritate my husband because I never remember more than one or two lines of a song. And I sing those one or two lines over, and over, and OVER. I find it quite humorous - and actually, if you think about it, if you sing the same line over and over, you are eventually bound to sing it on key. So the way I look at it, I am sparing my husband from something even more irritating lol

It is bad that the lines I do remember of songs are typically not the songs I would generally sing along to. For instance, 'Viva Las Vegas' - those 3 words are the only words I know of the song. And I will sing them baritone, acupelo, bass, dramatic baritone, acupelo that warbles, yodling bass, a Marilyn Monroe-esque number, and more. Usually by the time I go thru about 3 of these, my husband is telling me to shut up =)

Honestly tho, I think its better to sing what you do know than sing the rest and act like you know what the words are myself. Doncha all think the same? Back me up here - my husband needs to be put in his place lol

5 comments:

silfert said...

Definitely go with what you know... unless it's forty-five minutes of "Viva Las Vegas". ;) We've been involved in several jam sessions with people who say, "Oh, I've been doing that song for twenty years!" Um, dude. You've been doing it WRONG for twenty years!

Anonymous said...

I particularly like your "acapulco" version (in before the edit!)... lol

And you are wrong, people CAN sing it 25 times and never get it on key. I, of course, am not implying that YOU would ever do that... :)

Unknown said...

I can NOT remember the words to songs unless the original is playing on the radio. It's quite embarrassing. And I do exactly what you do, sing the same lines over and over.

I love our knitting group. GEEZ, next time, SIT BY ME!

Anonymous said...

oops.

"SIT BY ME," said Lora.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I believe the word you are looking for is "acapella"... lol