Monday, March 24, 2008

Can You Hear Me Rooooaaarrr????!!!

That was kinda the theme for the night, as we took my husband's daughter to see a band she likes called 'Silverstein'. They were not bad, but the other opening acts (one of which was Devil Wears Prada) was a huge scream/yell fest =/ It was pretty humorous to watch the first band get down with their bad selves by headbanging in unison, only to break for a bit by jumping up and down in unison, and then back to headbanging in unison lol

I honestly do not understand the whole scream/yell thing myself. You usually do not understand a word they say when they do. They also do not do it in a way that adds itself musically to the song. It's just a bunch of rude, overpunctuated, overemphasized slur of words that come out of the person's mouth. The only thing I believe you can take away from the experience emotionally is irritation.

Anywhooo! =) Silverstein was fairly good, tho - not so much scream/yell - more melody sorta thing. However, they overkilled the lights - sending out white eye piercing shards of light every 2 minutes or so. There was no way you could still see the band or what they were doing when that happened. I told my husband that I felt like one of the blind mice in the movie 'Shrek' - walking about with my cane and sunglasses lol

BUT my husband's daughter seemed to like the show. Plus, she got a Tshirt with Silverstein on it, so she was pretty darn happy. So the temporary deafness and blindness was worth it =)

No comments: