Wednesday, March 19, 2008

One Small Bird

Poor me. Poor, Pooooooor meeeeeeeeeeee *sigh, sniffle,sigh* I am sick with the flu and it ain't no fun I tell ya! Altho, I have to say that the codeine cough syrup I have been prescribed ain't too bad. Well, it does taste awful, but it does make me feel happier lol Altho, I am starting to see things that are not there - like I reached down to pet one of the dogs on the bed and found out it was not a dog at all, but a brown fuzzy blanket.

To which I went, 'whoooaa' in amazement lol

I have to say, I am not sure it is the codeine alone that does that, as I DO have a tendancy for seeing things that are not there. Heck! Ask my husband - am sure he will give you all sorts of stories =) However, the other day I DID see something that was there that amused me some. I had to wait at the library's parking lot with the dogs while our house was bein' shown. I park the jeep, push the seat back and hear a 'fizz' noise. I instantly know what happened, and got out of the jeep and opened the door to the back seat to get the can of energy drink that was spitting everywhere - to my older dog's enjoyment lol

Everything got settled down after telling one dog to stop licking at the carpet where the energy drink was and the other to hush cuz she was barking like she was some sort of bad a$$. There was about 5 minutes worth of silence when I hear a drilling sound.

And then I hear it about 5 more times, as I look around trying to figger out who/what is doing it. I think it sounds like a woodpecker almost, and look up at the light post next to me and see nothing. I look down at the base of it and and a bird with a red spot on its head looks around the post, tweets away as if laughing at me, hammers with his beak at the pole and flies off.

After a few moments of saying to myself 'I knew it!' and laughter, it was about time to head home. I have to say that one small bird made my day, altho when telling the story to my husband later on, he did ask if it was really a McDonalds wrapper I saw instead lol

No comments: