Monday, July 6, 2009

Letter to Me

The other night my husband and I were watching the movie 'The Patriot', which has Heath Ledger and Mel Gibson in it. It was a typical night - one of those nights that we accomplished the eating dinner part and were sitting in front of the TV with our respective laptops surfin' the net and watching the TV. Trying to do my best in finding a show we would both like and not get the sighs and rolled eyes/glares that shows like 'Whose Wedding is it Anyway?' and 'Clean House' do - I ended up finding 'The Patriot' on TBS and settled in to watch it.

There is a part in the movie where Ledger goes off to war, but wants to write to Anne - the gal he is smitten with. Soon, you see Ledger sitting in a tent in his uniform writing one of the first letters to Anne. It talks about the war, but how he misses her and wants to see her also.

Not to let an opportunity pass me by, I sigh as loud as I can - which effectively gets my husband's attention. I then comment that I never get letters like that - and give yet another loud sigh.

My husband shakes his head and goes back to surfin the net - or so I thought. I soon get my Outlook notification saying I had an email. I open it and read:

Dear Lisa,

Thus far, the fight rages mercilessly. As long as we fight, our numbers will grow. It is my hope that my duties will bring me to your area. It is my hope that I will have the chance to write, and pray tell, see you soon.

Your obedient servant,

Scott A. XXXXXXXX, RCDD
Chief Operating Officer

XXXXX, Inc.

XXXXX Sante Fe Trail Drive
Suite XXX

XXXXXX, XX 77777

000-000-0000 direct
000-000-0000 office
000-000-0000 fax


Need I write more =)? Notice the work signature on the bottom? He was doing SO well up until the end lol

No comments: