Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Was it Sumpin' I Said?

Never a day goes by that I do not wish I did not say or do something. And its not because I am horribly outspoken, its mostly cuz I have horrid luck.

My husband and I were at our typical Mexican restaurant establishment the other day, having our more or less typical Mexican meal we tend to order. My husband was not in a talkative mood this night tho, so I felt the need to carry on a full-blown conversation with mostly myself. However, its funny when you know someone is finally paying attention to you - as I soon found out.

Not many people were in the restaurant, but some of the few that were there were right behind us in another booth. They seemed to be a rather 'proper/polite' family - somewhat reminding me of a 'Leave it to Beaver' episode. Kids ask questions only when they need to, and only in the most appropriate manner. Parents there setting the most 'wholesome' example they could by not saying any cuss words, not being rude, or raising their voices much.

I decide to start talking more to my husband, mentioning that I was talking about his daughter at work. I had been asked how old she was when we married, and I had mentioned that she still had the dress she wore at our wedding. I remarked that she is not able to wear the dress anymore, because she has 'teenage parts' now.

I go on to say how a gal at work laughed about me saying that, and retorted:

'They are called boobies Lisa'

Well, in telling this story to my husband, the last 'boobie' comment happened to be made quite loud and at the exact moment the family behind us had a lull in conversation.

Needless to say, that lull in conversation seemed like it lasted for an eternity. However, it just seemed like it, since my husband was pointing behind me and I was aware of my ....err.....error.

But seriously, didnt even the 'Leave it to Beaver' cast say 'boobies' at some point in the show? No? Well, what da heck were they called then? Or did they just pretend they were not there? lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

Not as bad as the time Himself said, "Let's just play it as fast as we can and get the @#$% out of here!" into a hot mic at Winfield in front of 15,000 people... Teenager parts are normal. So is poop, but you never saw toilets on Leave it to Beaver.

Think of it this way: you probably encouraged a healthy dialogue about biology between Mr. and Mrs. Whitebread and their kids. You should be commended.