Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ain't I Purty? =)

It is nice to be in my own little world at times, I just don't think that some people really think its nice that I am lol

Not that long ago, my husband and I were returning a car he rented from Hertz. Therefore, that meant I needed to follow him to Hertz so that he will have a ride home. Not to mention, it was almost lunch time, so we figgered we would 'kill two birds with one stone' - as the saying goes.

We had to stop by the gas station that was close to Hertz, however, in order to fill up the gas tank before we returned the car. I decide that I need to put gas in my jeep as well, which my husband decides to just take care of - so I got to sit in my jeep and wait till the transactions were completed.

I soon heard a 'sh*t, gawda*nit*' come out of my husband's mouth, and realize that the gas machine was telling him he needs to go inside and get his receipt(s). So I soon occupy myself with messing with my phone a bit, and then fussin' with my hair - deciding I needed to braid it a bit to keep me from not being bored while waiting. Cuz really..... if you don't braid your hair for even a day or so, you may not be as capable at it when you do it the next time ya know? lol

However, the way I braid my hair is a bit 'out of the norm' - I tend to grab the hair that is more directly in front of me and therefore, when the braid is completed and I look up, well... my husband says it best. I look a bit like a unicorn - as it sticks straight up and doesnt look pretty at all.

So anyway! Thats what I was doing when my husband taps on the jeep's window - which doesnt phase him much, as he is used to seeing me do that sorta thing. Altho, when I open the jeep door to get the candy bar/pop he picked up while he was in there, he remarks:

'The gas station dude thinks you are odd'.

And to which I retort:

'Nuh uh!'

But then I look up as my husband makes his way to the car he was returning and see an old man at the pump, trying to get the machine to print a receipt. However, his hand was stopped in mid air and his mouth slightly open, and he was staring at me - staring at me like braiding my hair that way was the most ODD thing he ever saw. And he was STILL staring at me as we left.

Now all I have to say is this - surely he has seen worse things then a gal who braided her hair at an odd angle right? And despite the odd angle it was in, isnt he able to truly appreciate a good braid when he sees one? lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the gas station attendant heard about your issues with French Silk pie... :)

silfert said...

Too bad you don't still have that silver comb, he would have FREAKED.

Lisa Marie said...

A ~

lol, yeah - wasnt that the time it got stuck in my hair cuz....uh....cuz I was being a bit stoopid? =)