Friday, April 10, 2009

Farewell Dear Keds

I have been neglecting this blog lately *Lisa looks ashamed of herself* Life has just been too hectic, and lil ole moi has been too lazy to do anything about it when she does have the free time. Not to mention, I have been out of sorts the last few days - partly cuz my husband and I just got back not long ago from Vegas and the time change seems to have really messed me up.

I know, I know..... mwaaa.... boo hooo.... sniffle..... is what ya'all are thinking right? Oh well, *I* feel sorry for myself. And that feeling sorry for myself can largely make up for ya'all for *not* feeling sorry for me lol

I do want to dedicate this blog post to my Ked tennis shoes that are about to depart me, tho. They have been thru all sorts of weather, moods of mine and just plain ole physical wear and tear. The latter is probably is a little more harsh since I am not very good about keeping clothes, shoes and such clean and/or free of impending doom. Shirts have stains - pants have bleach spots - and shoes?

Shoes lose their soles.....

Uh huh..... yes ya'all! My latest pair of Keds decided they had enuf the other day and the bottom of the shoe just came apart. Super glue did an amazing repair job (Lisa makes a mental note to email Super Glue manufacturer and commend them on making a product with unbelievable abilities to make ANYTHING stick together), BUT even Super Glue could not fend off the inevitable.

I was in the airport at Vegas, got to my gate, sat down, got out my laptop and my shoe gave way again. It did its best to get me back home and since then has remained inactive, waiting for me 'let go' and its preparing itself for shoe heaven.

Yes, I said shoe heaven...... and yes, I have had WAY too much energy drink today lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor, tired Keds! Post a picture of them and let them live on after you and they have parted way. Keds, in memoriam, 2007-2009.

Lisa Marie said...

lol, I should! Altho, I did mow the lawn in them twice since then, and they look even worse. If I post a picture, it should be one that was when they were newer - as it would be nice to remember as they used to be. Not after lil ole me got ahold of them =)