Saturday, April 18, 2009

Car Wash Gripe

I went to wash my jeep yesterday & was reminded why some lunch hours are best spent either snoozing inside my jeep and/or reading a good book inside my jeep - instead of trying to be super uber productive and get stuff done.

I thought I would splurge and spend the 75 cents to sweep out the inside the jeep - even tho I *could* have waited until I got home and used our sweeper. The 75 cents only got me 3/4 of the way thru my jeep before it stopped - which, I guess in their defense - maybe a whole dollar's worth woulda got me there (since 75 cents is 3/4 of a dollar ya know? lol). I decide to wash the jeep next, as I did not want to break my $5 bill in quarters in order to have enuf quarters to run the sweeper again.

Soo......I was washing my jeep..... and manage to do so without anything going wrong. It was after I washed the jeep that everything went downhill....

I pull out and decide that I am REALLY gonna splurge and break my $5 bill and sweep out my jeep again. Not only will I sweep it out, but I will buy one of their cleaning sponges to clean inside as well. Impressed?

Don't be lol

I park by a sweeper, grab the $5 bill and run to the change machine on the opposite side of the car wash. I put my $5 bill in - I hear it *clink* 5 times for each dollar's worth of quarters - and then - NOTHING. No friggin quarters were spit out and needless to say, I was frustrated and hit the 'Gimme my change back damnit' button. STILL nothing *sigh*

It just so happened that one of the car wash personnel guys were not too far away. Normally, I wouldve let it go, deciding it was not worth it and leave. But it was not just one dollar - it was 5 friggin dollars. So I walk over to the guy and say:

"The machine took my $5 bill - it acted like it was gonna give me my money but it didn't".

Wordlessly, the guy goes to the other machine by it, sticks a $5 bill in from his pocket, steps back and says:

"There you go. It was *that* machine?" and he points to the one I used as I nod yes.

I say thank you, take the quarters and then go to the machine to get a sponge to clean the inside of my jeep. It takes me some time to realize where the sponge gets dropped at after the machine determines you gave it the appropriate amount of money, but I found the darn sponge and ran back to my jeep to start cleaning.

I managed to get thru sweeping it the second time and am about halfway thru cleaning the inside with a sponge when the guy walks back to me and asks:

"You said it was the machine on the left?", and as I say yes, he answers:

"Well, that machine does not show its short $5. The other machine does not either."

He then looks at me like I friggin stole the $5 dollars. I retell my story from before, and he repeats that he is not short $5 dollars. I sit there, not knowing what the heck he wants ME to do about it. I finally say:

"Well, I dunno what happened - I can give you back the money I have left if you want"

He said no, he was just trying to figger out what happened. Umm......yeah.....me F'N too dude! But it is YOUR car wash place, not mine. And I do NOT rip off older dude's at car washes in an effort to clean my darn jeep. Seriously? Did he expect me to say that yes..... I AM the famous car wash burgler. You are a friggin genius dude for catching me. Put me in handcuffs. Take me away!?

Grrrr!! And if he wasnt accusing me, why was he acting like it? And if he was just trying to figger things out, why was he asking ME? Do I look like I know what makes their F'N machines not F'N work?

The recession must be worse than I thought is all I got to say....

2 comments:

silfert said...

"There she is! Spray her with the hot wax gun! Don't let her get awayyyyy!"

Lisa Marie said...

Little did you know that one of your friends would be the car wash thief huh? lol