Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Happy Childhood

I went by a school the other day in Lawrence that had a sign that read:

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood"

Ever since then, this statement has been bothering me - probably cuz I overanalyze things too much lol But I always think to myself that this statement is not true - once your childhood is over, its over. If you had a bad one, you are unable to go back and fix what went wrong. You are continually moving forward, and if your childhood was bad, the only thing you can do is to make your adulthood the best it can be.

I suppose this sign was just supposed to be inspirational to the kids who go to that school. They probably never figured an adult (who doesnt even live in Lawrence - yet!) would drive by and think to herself that the statement was misleading lol BUT you are unable to change the situation you are in when you are a kid, you are unable to get different parents - so I think they shouldve said:

"Make as many happy moments in your childhood as you can"

See? You are not misleading a kid, you are only giving them hope for something better - despite his/her circumstances.

I am so friggin wise lol

2 comments:

silfert said...

Maybe Michael Jackson wrote it...

Anonymous said...

I over analyzed that sign too. It really annoyed me. Especially since it is an early education building. (Read: Preschool)

Total crap. I'm with you sister.