Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bein' Educated

Most of my night has been spent doing three friggin' assignments for my Taxation college class. However, the beginning of my night started off with a different sort of education - at dinner I learned that people do eat dolphin. I was really starting to freak out when I thought I had been one of those people, as my husband casually informed me that Mahi Mahi is dolphin, WHILE we were at a seafood place. I automatically think he is kidding, cuz if anyone knows my husband, he loves to mess with people like that =)

Since I have a handy-dandy iPhone, with a spiffy-rific internet connection, I decide to investigate really quick before we order. At first glance, it did look like it was dolphin, but at second glance, I notice it said 'dolphin-like' fish. I breathe a sigh of relief, but yet..... I HAD to know whether people actually ate dolphin. So what do I google to find out?

DOLPHIN RECIPES.....

Uh huh.... there ARE dolphin recipes out on the internet. Take this one for instance:

GRILLED DOLPHIN

1 1/4 lb. thickly sliced dolphin
8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. rice vinegar
Salt if desired
1/2 tsp. pepper, black lg. ground

Dinner for 4. Cut off any dark meat on dolphin. Marinate 4 even slices of dolphin in large bowl. All ingredients mixed for at least 6 hours. Grill 5-7 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Approximately 10 minutes total for 1 inch fillets. Baste with marinade mix while grilling.

Notice the thickly sliced dolphin?? *Lisa throws up a little in her mouth* How COULD people honestly feel good about themselves eating a dolphin? Did a trainer at the zoo just get really pissed off that a dolphin was not learning its tricks in a timely fashion and sent it off to be butchered? Ackkk... I weep for dolphins everywhere....

3 comments:

silfert said...

Panda is sweeter, but stay away from penguin...

Lisa Marie said...

You crack me up silfert! I have spent this last week wondering what the best witty remark to this would be and couldnt think of any =)

Anonymous said...

Panda, LOLZ.

Well, if some dogs eat toilet paper than the correlation says some people will eat dolphin.

As for me, I DON'T EAT SEAFOOD! GROSS!