Saturday, May 10, 2008

This Thing You Ask I Can Not Do

What a productive day I have had =) My husband and I cleaned house, went and ate at IHOP (their cream cheese stuffed french toast is DEEEliiiiiiciousss!), went to the Mall for a couple of errands and had an agent come and look at our house. I managed to take back a couple of clothing items to Target, also. One was a shirt that made my chest look a bit ......uhhh, odd. The other was a summer dress that was a bit more revealing than I thought it would have been. I was not sure about it, I thought about keeping it, altho when I would wear it I dunno. BUT I can always count on my husband to help me make up my mind on things. I asked him what he thought, making the comment that it was a bit revealing, and he says:

"Well, you are probably at that age not to be wearing that sorta thing. You ARE a Godparent now after all"

Ummm, thanks?? lol But yep! He IS right, I am a Godparent now - courtesy of my friend A and her husband! My husband is a Godparent too - and we are both pretty flattered, we brag about it all the time =) Of course, my husband just likes to do the Marlon Brando/Godfather line:

"This thing you ask, I can not do"

He is actually pretty good at it too =) Because of this, he has decided what we are gonna be dressed up for Halloween this year. He will be Marlon Brando/Godfather and I am gonna be the Fairy Godmother.

So like, does anyone know where I can find a magic wand? lol

8 comments:

silfert said...

Heh, heh, heh! Mom has three wands that Dad carved, you can probably borrow one. :)

Anonymous said...

Evie has a pretty sweet one that lights up and makes noise, if Audrey's mom's doesn't work out!

Anonymous said...

If you still have glitter stars from L's baby shower, you could sandwich two of them over the end of a glittered wooden dowl (from craft supplies). BTW, S is gonna need to put on some poundage to pull this off. :)

silfert said...

Ah, this is true!

Lisa Marie said...

Thanks ya'all! Actually, I may do like tigerlily said and use the glitter stars I have left over from L's baby shower =) That way I can have my very own wand and not have to borrow anyones! 'Sides, ya never know when I might need it again lol

Anonymous said...

For what its worth, I am actually practising that line for the occasion that anyone should come up and ask me to change a diaper! This thing, I cannot do. :)

Lisa Marie said...

Hmmm. I do believe even Marlon Brando was not that much of a wuss 'Mr Anonymous'. The Godfather aint 'posed to be scared of changing diapers! What kinda example are you setting for Godfathers everywhere? lol

Anonymous said...

Godfathers don't look all that scary when they are covered in "poo". Besides, I have "people" for that... :)