Thursday, December 20, 2007

What's Important...........

I got done watching a show where a guy was reunited with his Dad after 20 plus years. Apparently, his father did not treat him well when he was younger - and the little verbal contact he had with his father during those years was not good either. The reunion went really well, and his father seemed repentant and eager to reconcile with his son.

I sat there wondering how realistic that is to expect, can it really be that easy to forgive and forget? Would a father who was so cruel all his life suddenly realize the wrong he did? Was it just because he was so old now that he was afraid of passing away without making amends? I know my Dad has not been eager to do so, but maybe I have the 1% of fathers out there who do not care so much about reconciling with their children. This guy was clearly relieved to have seen his father, and to have put it in the past. I suppose I would be too, altho a small part of you would always be suspicious I would think - wondering if he actually meant it, if he would follow through on what he said. Or maybe that's just me being paranoid lol

Seriously tho, it really gets you to thinking about what is important to you. What can you not go without? What makes your life happy? I watched this show (yes, I am watching WAY too much TV lately) where there was this gal and her boyfriend who lived together - with three other roommates - all guys. She helped them out alot by picking up after them, making breakfast, etc. etc. So they all decided they wanted to show their appreciation and throw her a party. In the end, her party was incredible and she was really touched they went to such effort - saying they feel like family to her, and it was nothing to do a little laundry here, cook breakfast there sorta thing. And I agree with her, friends to me are my family - I do not think twice about doing stuff for them. They have been there for me more than my own family.

So what is important to ya'all? What makes life 'complete' for you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Family, friends, kitty cats, and yarn make me happy.

Dee Anna

Lisa Marie said...

You have a pretty cool family, so I can understand why they make ya happy =) And ummm.....friends too....we rock! lol

I think it would be friends, animals (namely my 2 mini daschunds that are spoiled, but generally any animal), stationary and world peace for me.

Just threw that last one out there to see if you were paying attention lol

silfert said...

Visualize whirled peas.

Himself...my family and friends...the critters...having an iPod and my knitting to keep me out of jail...knowing that I have the world's best excuse for outgrowing my pants...this is what makes me happy.