Monday, May 9, 2011

A Little Happiness in a Fortune Cookie

Well, let me first start this blog post off by saying I have had a tough day emotionally. I have been in a super funky mood ever since I woke up and it hasn't gotten any better. My dogs even haven't been much help, as the youngest one peed on the new carpet and now refuses to go outside. She just sits there and looks at me like its no fair that *I* get to pee inside and she doesn't.

I did manage to get away from the house for a bit to take my husband some lunch and go to the bank. But even that didnt go so well - as the grocery store I decided to stop at for lunch (since I needed a birthday card for a sister who doesn't send me birthday cards - but anyway - thats a whole new blog post) did not go well either.

I get there and try to park and an older man is purposely walking slow - blocking the parking spot I want. I finally get parked and out of the jeep and when I get to the store's door, he is standing there in the middle of it. So since he was being rude, I thought why the heck am *I* being nice? and pushed by into the store.

I mean, seriously? What kind of person just STANDS there?? What kind of person *lives* to piss people off? Or maybe people just wanted to peeve ME off, since on the way to the salad bar I had an even older guy stop pushing his cart and stare at me. When I did get to the salad bar, there was a gal who decided to cut in front of me and then decide that *everything* that the store decided to put in their salad bar that day looked scrumptious and began to slowly pile stuff in her container. And then continue to cut me off when I decide I did not need to have everything on the menu and tried to get around her.

At this point, I seriously felt like taking what little bit of salad toppings I manage to get so far and just slam it in her smug face. But amazingly, I found I had *some* restraint lol

I leave the salad bar and go to the chinese section for my husband. That was fairly uneventful, altho the guy seemed concerned that I was not ordering enuf or something. I am pretty sure I was asked 'is that all'? about 6 times before I was able to pay and leave.

But I did manage to leave the store and was getting close to where my husband worked when I decided maybe I would be in a better mood if I ate one of his fortune cookies. I open one up and find the below statement:

"Use your abilities at this time to stay focused on your goal. You will succeed."

And poof! A little ray of happiness began to creep over me =) It was like I needed that little bump in my ego, that little reminder that things *will* be all right.

And then I got to my husband's work place and saw a young guy in a white 'wife-beater' sitting alongside a gal with bleached blonde hair on my husband's work's front steps whom my husband thinks 'works' next door in what he thinks is a cover for a drug operation....

*SIGH*

Stay focused, Lisa. STAY FOCUSED.

No comments: