Friday, May 27, 2011

2 Things That Don't Go Together

There are times when there are things said or done that just make you wonder 'why me'? You wonder doesn't this happen to other people? Well, anyway, you do if you are me - and that constantly seems to be a theme with my blog posts. I seriously need to start an anonymous poll someday to see if these sorts of things happen to others on a consistent basis. Cuz like, it ain't cool lol

Nahhh =) Some of it is fine - I, uh, just don't know how to handle some of it that comes my way. Or maybe I overanalyze things to death. Maybe it really isn't that big of deal to other people? Maybe I am on the very fine edge of losing it and holding it together? Err, anywayy...

So let's start with Hulu shall we? I am a Grey's Anatomy fan. I am not quite sure why, as it never really leaves you with that warm, happy fuzzy feeling that I seek but, nevertheless, I like the show. Not too long ago, I got into the show and was playing 'catch up' on episodes. I then got to a season that wasn't playing the 'reruns' yet, which eventually killed my addiction.

Temporarily. Then along came Hulu and I was able to feed my addiction once again. Episode after episode I watched until one day Hulu stopped and displayed this message:

"You have been watching for over 3 hours, do you need a break?"

Uhh, wha da heck? Thanks? Wait, no thanks! I mean, geesh... you think I have a problem? Well, watch this! And I click out of there and, uh.... take a break.

In other news, I recently had an interview that I got all decked out for. I had the dress, the shoes, the hair, the makeup - the whole thing - I had it going on. Well, not quite...

I walked up to the front door of the building that day and slowly felt my thigh high hose slide down my leg. And of course there are two guys in front of the building talking and one walking in front of me as I tried to be as discreet as possible by rubbing my other leg up against it to somehow push it upwards. Yet, I couldn't slow down and bring *more* attention to myself, so I kept walking. I was sure despite my desperate attempt at being discreet, it was more obvious by me doing something. So I gave up - and as I clunked up to the door in shoes that only me could make look UN-sexy, my hose fell all the way down to my knee - past my skirt.

And then the guy in front of me opened the door to let me in first - yeah, wasn't that super friggin fantastic of him? lol Normally, that would be ok, but... yeah, not so much that day. I made it to the elevator (which thankfully is not where the guy was going), got in it and pushed the button and hiked up my hose fairly successfully. I then look down to see the other leg had a run in it from the toe all the way up and sighed. I looked up to see the elevator hadn't moved. I pushed the button again, only to find out that I needed a badge to use the friggin elevator. The only positive thing was that it was a good hiding place to deal with my hose at the time.

We will assume there were no cameras in the elevator for the sake of my sanity lol

No comments: