Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This One Time @ An Offspring Concert

Someday I am gonna look back on this event and be happy that I have something to remember it by - instead of having it be just like any other concert my husband and I have attended.

SOMEDAY

My husband & I took his daughter, a friend of hers - and then met up with a friend of mine at City Market in KC this last Friday. I was pretty darn excited, as I love 'The Offspring', and its nice to start Memorial Day weekend with sumpin as kewl as that ya know?

Altho, I ended up being anything BUT kewl at the concert. Surrounded by guys/gals with ear plugs, numerous body piercings, a bunch of tattoos and a wide array of hair color - I was one of the very few who looked 'normal'. We had actually managed to get pretty close to the stage for the main act (Offspring) and I was standing there getting more and more impatient by the minute.

Perhaps thats why I did not think when my husband - who suddenly had a beach ball in his hand - told me to hit the ball. This ball had been everywhere already, and it looked like it finally had gotten to me. So I smacked the ball......

Right up front. Right by the security guard. Right by the barricade.

Instantly, I heard at least 1/4 of the crowd 'BOO' me. My husband's daughter and her friend turn around to look at me, laughing. I turn around and look at my husband, who is doubled over in laughter.

*SIGH*

So what does a person do in that situation? I was at a loss - not sure whether to be embarrassed, pissed off or apologize. Seriously, am I the only one who has EVER done something like that?

Wait - dont answer that lol

No comments: