Sunday, May 17, 2009

Some Things You Don't Wanna Know

The other day I decided to sing a random 80's song while in the truck going somewhere with my husband. Problem with me singing most songs is that I usually only know a couple of lyric lines, so in order to make the most of the 2 lines I do know, I tend to sing them over ..... and over... and over =)

This particular song, I decided to be a little more 'dramatic' with my singing, so my vocal range was quite extraordinary. Needless to say, this got my husband looking at me like I was a bit odd. Just when I thought he was doing extremely good not saying anything about my choice of song & my ability to only memorize 2 lines of most songs, he starts laughing.

I was not ready for this reaction at all, which made me pause and ask why he was laughing. He explains that my singing reminded him of a Nascar commercial he had seen. And me, not *quite* sure that I wanted to know why it did, but too curious *not* to ask why - asked why.

He tells me that the commercial is for Carl Edwards, and that they are suggesting 'signature moves' he can do (as Carl is known for his backflips). My singing apparently reminded him of the 'Wounded Unicorn' move.

Is it just me, or is that not really a compliment? lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

My lips say "Hah, hah, hah", but there's "WTF?!" in my eyes... :)