Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last Night In Deadwood, South Dakota

Well, its been an eventful last few days here at the Sturgis Harley Ralley. For the most part, tho, I have done pretty well. Altho, it has not helped that the pain patches I took off before we left ripped off the first layer of my skin. The first day on the road was a 100 degree day, so that sunburnt off another layer of my skin *sniffle* So my neck and shoulder area looks absolutely fabulous - NOT.

Riding on the back of a Harley is pretty darn exhausting too. It did help the couple of times I took a 6 hour energy drink/shot. I am surprised my neck wasnt more sore after the first time, tho. When you are on a long stretch of highway, on the back of a Harley and an energy drink kicks in - well, you look left, then right, then left, then right, then left, then right - all in a matter of 5 minutes. You then realize what you are doing and decide to amuse yourself by looking at your reflection in your husband's helmet by sticking your tongue out and making faces. That then gets boring, so you decide to sing VERY loud - but despite singing the same chorus over and over again, the wind still manages to make your husband not hear your beautiful music.

Yes, I am refering to myself as 'You' - cuz I am ashamed to admit that it was ME being a goof lol

3 comments:

silfert said...

How else are you going to entertain yourself? It's not like you can flash passing motorists, after all. ;)

Anonymous said...

I now understand all the odd looks we were getting. Thanks for clearing that up!

Anonymous said...

Yaaay - you blogged!!! I wuz a bit worried is all...

hahaha, anonymous thinks it was YOU getting the odd looks, hahaha!