Friday, July 4, 2008

A New Puppy Named Sadie

Well, it has been a pretty laid back 4th of July here - but thats ok =) Relaxing a bit has helped my body recup some - as I have been fighting off a sore throat, sinus congestion, sneezing, etc etc crud for the past week now. I was pretty close to losing my voice, but I *think* I am safe on that now. Not that my husband would complain if I lost my voice lol

Anyway! The new puppy we have gotten has been pretty darn amusing lately. Well, she actually has been amusing ever since we got her - which is probably a BIG reason for my mood improving since my older one passed away. Our new dachshund - Mercedes 'Sadie' for short - continually reminds me of the older one that passed away. And maybe I am crazy, but I like to think its my 'Karma' coming back to me - knowing I need her. Like my husband says, she has been reinKARMAnated lol

But anyway, back to the amusing stuff =) It seems as if we have a place in our front yard called 'Mushroomland'. It is a place that entices young puppies - especially ones by the name of 'Sadie'. Every day, the dogs and I take a walk to the mailbox - taking the sidewalk because we are law abiding citizens and all lol EVERY day, Sadie starts off walking a straight line, right on my heels until she gets by 'Mushroomland'. Then suddenly she starts walking a bit crooked, and then she throws caution to the wind and takes off as fast as possible to 'Mushroomland'. I run after her, just in time to pry her mouth open and have the mushroom she just snatched up, taken out of her mouth. However, she has gotten fairly smart about this daily ritual, as she runs there and grabs a mushroom, clamps her mouth shut, and rolls over looking contrite - in the hopes, I will laugh and saw 'awww' and leave her be. Then she secretly eats her mushroom in peace =)

But I am the 'Dog Whisperer', I know her tricks *evil laugh* lol

2 comments:

silfert said...

Boo, hiss to the case of the creeping crud, tee-hee to the "tale" of Mushroomland!

Anonymous said...

Grats! Sadie sounds cute!!