Monday, November 26, 2007

My Eyesight, Some Artwork and a Goofy Dog

OK, I figgered since I still have some energy in me and I can finally see, I oughta add a new post on my blog =)

Ya know, your eyesight is something I think most people take for granted anymore. Well, at least I did until I had to go without my contacts for a week so that our optometrist can accurately test my eyes today. And of course, the glasses I had were realllllly, realllly old. They were better then nothing - but they gave me more headaches then going without. Soo....needless to say, I spent a week pretty much blind =/ Which was really crappy when we hung out with my friend, A, and her husband this last Saturday. We headed to the Plaza to see the John Lennon art exhibit and I was really bummed to not really see any of it. The ones I did see I was standing so close to that I am sure I probably peeved off the other people there to gawk. On the bright side of things, it was harder to see the price tags on the painting/pics lol

It is really funky to have your eyes dilated by the way. I felt like only my eyes were on speed or sumpin'. My pupils were friggin HUGE!!! Ironically, I was tired - but if ya took a look at me, it looked like I was ready to tackle anything. I shoulda took a pic of my pupils for ya'all to really appreciate what I am talking about =)

But anyway! I have been sitting in a chair in front of the TV for, well......for, like.....umm......for like pretty much since I got home lol I did get up a couple of times for leftovers from Turkey day, but otherwise my butt has went pretty darn numb from the inactivity. So I have sat here, laptop on, err.....lap....and watching our youngest dog bein' the goof she seems to thrive on being. I did tune in to the Nature channel where they were showing lion cubs playing for a bit. That was quite fascinating for our young dog - she stops with ball in mouth on the couch and stares at the TV at the lion cubs. She does this for about 5 minutes while my husband and I are almost crying - we are laughing so hard lol Maybe thats the problem with our youngest dog, she watches too much TV and thinks certain behavior is ok and gets freaked out by other things she sees. She IS a bit paranoid and scares easily - she is just a big baby wanting to be loved and reassured all of the time. Not to say I can't understand that, but....

I live in the real world where I know that won't happen *sniffle*

Just goofin! =)

3 comments:

silfert said...

Maybe a nice turkey sandwich would make you feel better?

Anonymous said...

well, you said it youself, she IS a goofy dog... what did you expect? lol

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.