Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sturgis 2011

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a love/hate relationship with riding on the Harley with my husband every year to Sturgis, South Dakota. This year was not any different, as I had lots that I endured that I found not to be an 'ideal' situation. For instance, a yellow bug hitting your pants leg and splattering over your pants and your nearby thumb is NOT cool. One would say its actually kinda gross.

One would also say that riding on a Harley through a rain/hail storm is not an ideal situation either. Or smelling guys/gals who decided that taking showers are overrated. Or seeing gals who decided that its too hot to wear anything except pasties on their upper portion of their bodies. Or making the trip up there and back with a severe cold/sinus infection.... Or...

Well, you get my point =)

However, there are a lot of other things that made the trip worth it. Like the fact that at one of our stops we saw a hefty biker guy sitting on a bench outside a gas station with a chihuahua held lovingly in the crook of his arm. Like the fact that everytime we hit a bump, my husband would reach back and pat my leg reassuringly. Like the fact that I saw prairie dogs popping out of their holes to look around as we were riding down the road. Like the fact that the biker guys we saw up there would hold the doors open for their gals. Like the fact that my husband bought me a stuffed rabbit and before we headed off from a stop, he pulls the rabbit's plush paw out of the saddlebag to 'wave' at me. And like the fact that there were some of the most beautiful skies on this trip that I have seen...

And with that last bit being said, I will post one of my pictures of the sky I took =)

No comments: