Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Crappy Night

'Something smells like dog poop', my husband says as soon as I get downstairs with my new Accounting tax book on our leather couch.

'Gee, thanks' I said. 'What a way to greet your wife.'

This, of course, does not phase my husband, who asks if I smell it. I do not - and I tell him so - so he goes back to surfing on his laptop. I start reading my Accounting book, stopping a couple of times to sarcastically remark how 'fascinating' Chapter One was - only to be ignored by my husband. Altho, suddenly I start smelling something a bit 'off', so I admitted to my husband that I was smelling it too now. However, after a quick look around, my husband does not see anything and we go back to what we were doing before. I notice my book smells a bit funny when we do so, and mention that it could be my book. My husband leans over and sniffs the book - and mentions that it *could* be, too. And then we went back to book reading and internet surfing yet again.

I turn on my side, sigh a couple of times and make one more 'fascinating' remark - when my husband grabs his laptop and says he has to move - the smell was too much for him. I declare that, 'well, fine! then I am too!' and sit up,get ready to get up and momentarily look down at the floor.

A floor with dog poop on it.

I get up and look at the couch.

There is dog poop on it.

I turn around to look at the back of my pants.

There is F'N dog poop smeared all over it.

I start yelling 'EWWWW' and hurrying upstairs to the shower, as my husband tells me that I need 'to go to my kennel'.

And, that, my folks, is what you call a crappy night lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

Lisa, you're one of my favorite people, but the thought of you screaming and fleeing cracked me up.