Sunday, October 11, 2009

Electricity Out

Here I sit at Ixtapa's Mexican Restaurant with my laptop, a margarita, some chips and some loud mouth people courtesy of our neighborhood having a transformer blow and leaving us with no electricity. Normally, a margarita would put me in a happy mood - but the loud mouth people are ruining things for me.

When we first arrived, we were only the second customer at the restuarant. And everything went really well at first - they put us near a power outlet for our laptops, set us up with the biggest margs they had, had wireless internet to connect to and changed the TV channel to the Nascar race for my husband. Maybe we didnt have electricity at our house, but darnit - things were looking up at Ixtapas.

Or rather, until the kid sitting behind us started to cry everytime she ate a chip. It wasnt a small cry - altho to her credit - it wasnt *quite* a wail either. But she sounded like someone just smacked her across the face - and the only reason she was crying because of the chip, was because it had 'rough' edges and it hurt going down. Was there a medical reason for her thinking it hurt? No......Was there a reason for the parents to act like she was the center of attention? No....But they all did anyway, and since I was sitting right behind them, I could hear every word, every cry, every sniffle...

EVERY single F'N sound....

Well, they did finally leave - which made me happy. However, they were replaced soon after by a a guy and gal (father/daughter). The daughter was old enuf to have a kid and was talking in a loud voice about how her kid told her last weekend that she had way too much to drink.

Let us reflect on this comment shall we? How F'N white trash do you have to be to make that comment? How bad is it that your KID has to tell you that you have had too much to drink? How bad is it that YOU have to talk loudly about it a Mexican restaurant when the person behind you is furiously typing on her laptop?

Needless to say, this sort of conversation continued the whole time they were behind us. The daughter mentions getting together with her friend later, the Dad makes a comment about how her friend is hot. Seriously? Its a good thing that I was done eating, because the conversation was getting a bit nauseating.

To make sure we remembered them, the Dad burped not once - but twice - as LOUD as possible and blames it on his daughter. They then finally get up and leave, as my husband and I look at each other. He was mildly amused - me? More extremely agitated.

Honestly, next time I guess I need to drink my margarita quicker. Either that, or burp louder lol

1 comment:

silfert said...

Wow, and I thought second-hand smoke was supposed to be bad for you. Second-hand trash sounds more immediately harmful.

"So your KID thinks you had too much to drink? Have some of MINE!" *splash*