Friday, August 28, 2009

What is Mine is Yours

When I wash the dishes, I like to use Dawn - its always been my preference, and I always assumed it was safe from the hands of my husband. Altho, to be fair, my husband does his fair share of washing dishes. What isnt fair is that my Dawn dishsoap ends up in the garage to be used to clean the wheels of my Jeep. Granted, at least my husband is cleaning my Jeep's wheels, as I generally am not that 'detailed' with my Jeep. But to me, Dawn dishsoap has one purpose, and one purpose only:

TO CLEAN OUR DISHES

Needless to say, after my husband decided to use the Dawn, I felt the need to go replenish it ASAP. In my mind, after I got the Dawn, I would take the full bottle of Dawn and then give my husband the used bottle. Good compromise, eh? =) I sure as heck thought so lol However, after getting home from the store and we have put everything away, I went into the other room to relax. I walked back into the kitchen not long after and find my husband pouring my full bottle of Dawn into his bottle.

'Uhh, what da heck are you doing?' I ask.

'Filling up my bottle of soap', he replies - despite it being pretty darn obvious to both of us what exactly he was doing.

So I spaz out, exclaiming very loudly: 'What the f*ck? Are you kiddin'? Seriously? That was MINE - my very own bottle of soap. I couldn't have a non-molested bottle for my very own?'

So ummm....... he looked at me like I was crazy, which I actually felt fairly goofy having to lay 'claim' to my bottle of Dawn, but a girl has gotta do what she has gotta do ya know?

The next day brings a similar episode, which was brought up by mentioning a company truck of his that needing some serious cleaning. I had asked if he had cleaned it out yet, to which he replied:

'Yep - did it yesterday. Actually did it with your clorox wipes even!' as he smiled proudly.

Uhuh, yep - my clorox wipes lol I dunno, if I dont watch him, he is gonna start drinking out of my M&M cup I have. And that would be totally unacceptable =)

4 comments:

Joy said...

I recognize that argument! I sounds just like all the other strange little bickering fights my husband and I have. I guess it just comes with the marriage territory.

Lisa Marie said...

lol, true! I sometimes wonder if we should consider this kinda stuff as a compliment of sorta ya know? Cuz they wouldnt have thought of it if it wasnt cuz of us! =)

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else find it ironic that the first comment about this blog on "dawn" dishwashing liquid comes from someone named "Joy"? lol

Lisa Marie said...

lol, such an observant husband I have =)