Sunday, December 7, 2008

On Da Road

Alright, this anniversary vacation has not gotten off to a great start. Yesterday, everything worked against us, so we did not get on the road until 5 P ish. The initial game plan was to be on the road by noon.... but.....well, ya know....

We slept in the car yesterday night and got a room at a Days Inn about an hour away from Flagstaff, AZ tonight. We were hoping to be in Vegas by now, but we were both wanting to get out of the car pretty bad after spending the night in it.

Plus, we did not make as good of time today as we wouldve hoped - probably cuz we felt skanky, tired, sore and slightly grumpy lol Some of the places to stop along the way are less than satisfactory, especially if you have to use the facilities. One of our stops had clean restrooms, but the employee behind the counter and the ladies sitting at a table eating their goodies they just bought were a bit disconcerting to say the least. Of course, the husband decides he is gonna check on the car, says he will be right back and tells me to 'go shopping'. Well, he took foreverrrrrrr ....... which wouldnt have been as bad if I didnt feel a bit weird listening to the gal with the mullet behind the counter singing Tobey Keith's 'Who's your Daddy?' song. I finally couldnt take it anymore and went outside to tell him he was taking entirely too long =)

But other than that, life is good lol

5 comments:

Megan said...

You're making me nostalgic for the mountains of home :( I sincerely hope the rest of the trip goes a little more smoothly and you have a blast in Vegas - I love it there!

loloen said...

I love road trips. I think Burton and I will have to go back to Vegas this year. I can totally handle being in the car for a day or two straight. Especially if I get to head West.

I hear ya on the skanky bathrooms, and I hear ya on the Toby Keith mullet lady, lol. The price you pay, I guess. Have a great time. Where are you staying in Vegas?

Lisa Marie said...

Megan - When did you go to Vegas? =)

Loloen - We are staying at Caesars, as they have an Augustus Tower that has awesome views of the Bellagio Waters =)

silfert said...

At least you probably won't be threatened with deportation...

loloen said...

Ohh, the Bellagio fountains. Have fun! I bet it is a lot warmer there!