Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Step #2 - Tile Floor

A few years back, I might have thought that doing the tile in my kitchen was no big deal. However, that would have meant I was younger and better equipped to deal with the consequences of doing our tile floor myself. Not only physically, but emotionally as well - anymore, I look at our kitchen floor covered with 3/4 of the tiles and think that maybe - just maybe - it doesn't really matter if I have the other 1/4 of the tiles and grouting is way overrrated.

And then reality sets in and I try to do the mature thing and finish what I started lol

I am not able to help the feeling of animosity, tho, when I realize the number of tiles I *thought* I grouted really isn't much when I get my butt off the tiles to take a look at my progress. The 'look at me go!' feeling is replaced by one of 'no f'n wayyyyy' when I realize that my hands are permanently 'claw-shaped' because I spent a good hour on 4 tiles.

Yeah. FOUR flippin' tilessssss....

It is also sad to see me run outside to wash off the sponge that I use to wipe down the tiles. Not only because I go to end of the deck, turn on hose and pathetically spray as much as possible onto the sponge to get rid of the grout embedded in the it, but because it has also been f'n raining the past 2 days.

I am sure if one was to secretly camcord me, they would wonder why I don't just put the sponge down on the deck and let Mother Nature help me out. Especially since I take off my socks as I go outside and eventually walk across the 'clean' tiles with wet feet leaving footprints.

Honestly, I swear my feet are beginning to look 'claw-like' too from this friggin' grouting *sigh*

I think my body is trying to tell me something lol

No comments: