Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An Angry Post

Ya know, its amazing that when I woke up this AM, I didn't roll over and fall out of bed, break my arm and be taken to the hospital. Not to say that I have bene uncoordinated today...

No, wait.... yes, I have been. But Ialso think its just a matter of being *my* unlucky day. Its one of those days when I can just sit in my chair at my desk at work - not move, not do anything - but breathe. And that would miraculously cause something to happen around me or TO me.

And you know when you tell someone about your day and they don't quite believe you? Or maybe you are partly telling them the truth, but exaggerating the rest?

Yeah, that's me. My day *can* (and often will be) something you won't believe, something that only happens in the movies. Or people with incredible crappy luck. Like F'N me.

I filed away a bunch of files this AM and managed to get halfway thru when I hit my my knuckle on one of my fingers HARD. I remind myself I am at work and not to cuss. I remind myself that this particular finger was all messed up anyway. I then look down and see I have a cut thats bleeding on it, but neveryoumind - thats what bandaids are for right? I managed to get one put on and finish filing, go back to my desk to grab one of the many files *still* left there and cut my SAME finger on one of the files.

I was unable to remind myself I was at work before I cussed by the way...

I put another bandaid on, which being on the tip of my finger this time, made it a bit awkward to type, but thought I should leave it on awhile. I manage to get thru an hour before I cut my pinky finger on another F'N file.

Yes, I know its just a paper/cardboard cut. But seriously? 3 cuts all on one hand in one friggin morning? Why the f*ck does this always happen to me?

BUT.... its almost lunch time..... I will go to lunch, get something in my stomach, visit with my husband and everything will fix itself. I expect sympathy from my husband when I relate my story and show him my hand, but he laughs. And he laughs even harder when I start eating my honey mustard chicken snack wrap from McDonalds and the honey mustard drops onto my shirt. Will I let that deter me from trying to get in a better frame of mind? Heck no....

You admire the determination I have? The persistence? The ability I have to still try to be optimistic don't you? Yeah, well.... things still managed to be f*cked up, as not even a minute later I drop honey mustard on my shirt AGAIN and have yet to be able to get it off. It looks like F'N puke. Cuz apparantly honey mustard has particles in it that love to cling to my shirt. And nevermind the fact that its F'N yellow... ishh....

Yeah, lunch hour needed to be over. This day needs to be over. But as I was picking up my purse and getting ready to get out of the passenger seat of my husband's car, my work badge grabs to the seat and as my husband says 'WAIT', I manage to yank and tear off the clip from the badge. Its in two pieces now. Its in 2 F'N PIECES....

*sigh*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defense, I was laughing *with* you, not *at* you. Honest! :)

angela said...

ahh girly I get where you're coming from. It may be small, and the first time, ok no biggy, right? and then it just keeps happening, all these dumb small things and all you can think is WTF. and then it annoys you and then no one else can understand WHY it annoys you. and then that annoys you more. it's never ending D:

go take some paper and cut it up with scissors :D or, maybe so you dont cut yourself, go put it through a shreader, small sweet victory :D

silfert said...

The F'n puke part was funny, but you definitely have my sympathy!

Lisa Marie said...

Exactly Angela! Haven't tried the paper trick yet in those situations - might have to do so! =)