Sunday, March 8, 2009

Smurfette

Have you ever wondered about Smurfette? Have you ever cared? lol Am I showing my age? =) As I was growing up, we only had about 3 channels on our TV to choose from for cartoons on a Saturday morning, and one of those had the Smurfs on them. I grew up admiring Smurfette's bravery - cuz what gal would want to be surrounded by a gadzillion guys? OK, scratch the floozy gals, I am talking about any 'normal' gal. Altho, make it duly noted that Smurfette wasnt 'normal', as her skin was colored blue and all.....

I did Wikipedia Smurfette, and have decided that Wikipedia is now my new best friend instead of Google - as I got LOTS of info on Smurfette =) I was a little insulted to learn Smurfette was initially created to cause trouble amongst the Smurfs, altho it makes us women seem quite powerful I guess. I honestly wonder how messed up on drugs someone would have to be to create little (not more than 3 apples tall according to Wikipedia lol) blue dudes with tails and white pointy hats who run around in an unnamed forest. I have never done drugs, altho I *have* gotten quite drunk a few times - but never do I see blue dudes.

Altho, I guess I barely see the sidewalk when I am walking down it drunk either lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try to convince us you *haven't* been doing drugs... after all, you are blogging about smurfs.

:)

Anonymous said...

I miss the Smurfs. I used to watch it all the time as a kid. Wonder how they would handle today's world though? Someone would have probably gotten upset by now and made them all wear shirts to cover their little blue hairy chests.

silfert said...

We used to make up our own Smurf names. Drive By Shooting Smurf, Jell-O Shots Smurf, Hooker Smurf...

Yeah, we have been weird for a long time.